Taking part in the New Milton Music Festival
Where and when
These take place on the 9th March 2013 at Durlston Court School.
Adult choral classes
These take place on the afternoon of 17th March 2013 at Arnewood School.
All other classes
These take place on the 16th March 2013 at Arnewood School.
This takes place in the evening of the 17th March 2013 at Arnewood School.
The closing date for entries is the 31st January 2013.
|Age 18 and under||£15.00|
|Senior and Adult||£10.00|
|Recital - Age 18 and under||£7.50|
|Recital - Adult||£9.50|
|Age 10 and under||£3.50|
|Age 10 and under||£5.50|
|Age 18 and under||£8.00|
The audience tickets at both schools (including ALL Parents) is £ 2.00 for the day (children free) except for the adult choral classes on Sunday afternoon, where the audience fee is £3.
We are sorry to have to charge this fee, but it is necessary to meet our costs, in order for the Festival to continue.
- Competitions are restricted to amateurs, an amateur being one whose main occupation is not in teaching or performing the subject covered by the class.
- Entries must reach the Section Secretary by or before the closing date (31st January 2013), accompanied by the appropriate fee(s) and an A5 S.A.E. for receipt of the competition's timetable.
- A performer's age is reckoned as on 1st September 2012.
- An entry by a competitor under 18 shall be signed by a person over 18 on the competitor's behalf.
- The submission of an entry form and acceptance by the Section Secretary shall be deemed as acceptance of the Regulations of the Festival by the competitor or signatory.
- Notice of withdrawal should be made in good time to the Section Secretary. The entry fee will be forfeited.
- A maximum only of 4 entries per person, whatever the class.
- A copy of Own Choice music must be brought on the day for the adjudicator. Photocopies are allowed ONLY if the piece to be performed has been selected from a collection already purchased by the competitor.
- All solos should be performed with piano accompaniment, (no audio backing tracks allowed), unless expressly written for unaccompanied instrument or voice.
- The fee for the OFFICIAL ACCOMPANIST must be included with the entry form. Music or photocopies for the official accompanist MUST reach the Section Secretary by 1st March 2013. The original, not photocopies, must be used for the performance.
- Competitors are asked to keep to the time limits so that classes do not overrun.
- Competitors are invited to announce their chosen piece; should a competitor prefer, the class steward will do so.
- Certificates are awarded in the following categories: COMMENDED, HIGHLY COMMENDED, MERIT, DISTINCTION and HONOURS. Trophies are awarded only to those achieving Distinction or Honours, or at the adjudicator’s discretion.
- The adjudicator's decision is final.
- Please enclose your cheque with your entry form payable to NEW MILTON MUSIC FESTIVAL.
- For School or large group entries, please ensure a contact tel.no. for leader, (and NOT the school number).
- ITEMS FOR THE CONCERT, to be held on Sunday 17th March 2013 at ARNEWOOD SCHOOL, will be at the adjudicator's recommendation: competitors will be contacted by telephone after the close of the competitions, or on the Saturday afternoon/early evening.
Categories of adjudication
- A performance showing development of technique and/or communication.
- Highly commended
- A capable performance showing some artistic appreciation and/or technical ability.
- A convincing performance technically and artistically.
- An excellent performance technically and artistically.
- An exceptional performance, both technically and artistically.