Taking part in the New Milton Music Festival
Where and when
These take place on Saturday 10th March 2018 at Durlston Court School.
Adult choral classes
These take place on the afternoon of Sunday 18th March 2018 at Arnewood School.
All other classes
These take place on Saturday 17th March 2018 at Arnewood School.
This takes place in the evening of Sunday 18th March 2018 at Arnewood School, commencing at 7pm and will run through till about 8pm without an interval.
The closing date for entries is the 31st January 2018.
The audience tickets at both schools (including ALL Parents) is £ 2.00 for the day (children and music teachers free) except for the Sunday afternoon Adult Choirs where the audience entrance is free.
We are sorry to have to charge this fee, but it is necessary to meet our costs, in order for the Festival to continue.
- Competitions are restricted to amateurs, an amateur being one whose main occupation is not in teaching or performing the subject covered by the class.
- Entries must reach the Section Secretary by or before the closing date (31st January 2018), accompanied by the appropriate fee(s) and an A5 S.A.E. for receipt of the competition's timetable.
- A performer's age is reckoned as on 1st September 2017.
- An entry by a competitor under 18 shall be signed by a person over 18 on the competitor's behalf.
- The submission of an entry form and acceptance by the Section Secretary shall be deemed as acceptance of the Regulations of the Festival by the competitor or signatory.
- Notice of withdrawal should be made in good time to the Section Secretary. The entry fee will be forfeited.
- A maximum only of 4 entries per person, whatever the class.
- A copy of Own Choice music must be brought on the day for the adjudicator. Photocopies are allowed ONLY if the piece to be performed has been selected from a collection already purchased by the competitor.
- All solos should be performed with piano accompaniment unless expressly written for unaccompanied instrument or voice. Audio backing tracks will be allowed for groups or choirs (own equipment to be used). No audio or backing tracks or microphones to be allowed in any other circumstance.
- If the OFFICIAL ACCOMPANIST is required then their fee must be included with the entry form. Music or photocopies for the official accompanist MUST reach the Section Secretary by 1st March 2018. The original, not photocopies, must be used for the performance.
- Competitors are asked to keep to the time limits so that classes do not overrun.
- Competitors are invited to announce their chosen piece; should a competitor prefer, the class steward will do so.
- Certificates are awarded in the following categories: COMMENDED, HIGHLY COMMENDED, MERIT, DISTINCTION and HONOURS. Trophies are awarded to Class winners, usually for Merit, Distinction or Honours, at the adjudicator’s discretion.
- The adjudicator's decision is final.
- Please enclose your cheque with your entry form payable to NEW MILTON MUSIC FESTIVAL.
- For ALL entries, including school or large group entries, please ensure a personal contact tel. no. for the leader (NOT the school number) is given on entry form.
- ITEMS FOR THE CONCERT, to be held on Sunday Sunday 18th March 2018 at ARNEWOOD SCHOOL, will be at the adjudicator's recommendation: competitors will be contacted by telephone after the close of the competitions, or on the Saturday afternoon/early evening.
Categories of adjudication
- A performance showing development of technique and/or communication.
- Highly commended
- A capable performance showing some artistic appreciation and/or technical ability.
- A convincing performance technically and artistically.
- An excellent performance technically and artistically.
- An exceptional performance, both technically and artistically.